Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday

I got to the airport a bit later than planned- I forgot to account for getting a plane ticket and checking bags (things we normally handle electronically and skip, respectively); so I was sweating the security line due to the clock ticking. I was glad my large, ethnically ambiguous husband was not there as he always gets a "random" pat down and this would have slowed me even more.

Made it through security with no problem.

Boarded plane and got to my row. Made the nice gentleman in the outside seat who was already seated and buckled in-seriously why would you buckle in while we're still loading -unbuckle and move for me to get to my window seat. then i smiled politely as the guy in the middle seat arrived and buckled in. only to have first guy, the premature buckler, say, "hey are you supposed to be in 26A?" um, no as a matter of fact, i'm supposed to be across the aisle  @ f26. so up i stood. both seat mates had to unbuckle and let me out. i cross the aisle only to see a couple with what what turns out to be a three-month-old on her first flight already settled in. mom was just about to put the kid on the teat only to have me ask politely could they let me be seated. so, as the line piles up behind us,  they shuffle around the diaper bag etc , put the boob away; and both got up and out and let me slide in. everyone settles back in. and i finally exhale. short of the plane crashing -which is beyond my control-- im safely on my way to good old horsham, PA.

the baby was a trooper. no crying she made. breast fed multiple times. and slept soundly in between. but more importantly her parents were not annoying. no gum chewing or beverage slurping to be had. if you know me at all, you know i'd rather have 2 crying babies on my own row than to hear someone slurp or chew 3 rows back.

we landed a bit early; i navigated the philadelphia airport with no problems. got my bag. called the pre-arranged shuttle service and was on my way.

i made it safely to my hotel (i've already taken my z-quil so i don't have time to tell you about my shuttle driver, a dj jazzy jeff look-alike, who is either a complete pothead, or the dumbest person on earth, or both-but no thanks to him, i did in fact make it safely to my hotel.) toured the first floor, found the gym/laundryroom/convenience store and bought myself 3 diet caffeine free cokes (seriously i should just drink water at this point); and then ordered dinner for three (2 grilled chicken caesar salads with an order of meatballs) so that i'd have food in room already tomorrow.

the hotel is a candlewood suites. nothing to brag about ;but it's clean and the a.c. is freezing cold. so i'm happy. except that im on the ground floor and the freaking window that a murderer could climb in without even bending over and messing his hair was UNLOCKED. hello, i've seen this movie and it does not end well for the blonde. so i locked that and then ocd checked it like 4 times.

oh, and while feeling around for the lamp switch -blindly by reaching up under the shade--apparently i grabbed the light bulb itself in my incredible hulk fist and crushed the whole light bulb.   i thought i was turning a switch but apparently i was actually squeezing and twisting the bulb itself until it popped and shattered. so that happened.

i unpacked. painstakingly laid out all my outfits and jewelry etc. so that i would feel like i was in control of SOMETHING this week. set out my gym clothes so they'd be staring me down when I got home tomorrow night.

watched game of thrones simultaneously with jeff- texting him to question key plot points the whole way through bc  i seriously cannot keep up with peoples' motives on that show. why are we killing that man? wait aren't those two people having sex related? a girl gets confused (that's a man-with-no-face reference if you're a GOT fan. nailed it!)

and now im off to bed, drugged on zquil so i wont have a thousand anxiety dreams.

ive set 2 phone alarms and begged my husband to get up at crack of dawn and serve as my backup backup alarm.

wish me luck. i need tomorrow to go smoothly and make me excited for my future with this company so i don't have a total meltdown that i quit a great job for no reason.





No comments:

Post a Comment