Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday May 11. Training Day 6


Well I hope no one got attached to PopPops...

Let me back up.

On Friday, NorthDakota, a nice, quiet lady who had not really said too much, was absent. I just assumed she was taking a day off due to the chronic pain issue that she had complained of.

Nope.

During our shuttle ride from airport to hotel last night, FeistySue told me that on Friday NorthDakota had told her that her employer (EMSI) had called to say that they were firing her (NorthDakota) because she wasn't catching on to the system fast enough. We both expressed surprise that the firing had been so quick. I mean, shit. four days and you're out?  remind me not to ask any questions this week. amiright?

Funnily enough, when FeistySue was giving me the news, the very first thought i had was to wonder how PopPops had dodged the axe's blow. because i hadn't even known NorthDakota was struggling and she got cut.  But PopPops had been there on Friday so  I just figured  they were keeping him for his 20+years' uw experience despite his systems issues. And I'm thinking to myself, "I really hope the man wrote down his logon information on Friday."

my optimism was short-lived. when class started this morning, Trainer2, who is head trainer now that systems lady left, walked in and said, "a couple people are not with us but we have a new person joining us." and then she introduced Trainer3, who will help her do the actual uw training for the remaining 2 weeks. and that was that. just as cool as you please.

(we are not privy to PopPop's version of events so I guess it's possible that he quit. but given how he struggled last week, and Trainer2's clear disapproval of his slowness/inability to navigate systems, my money's on a firing.)

so today on day 1 of our "real" underwriting training, we were all too scared to ask any questions. that, combined with TexasRose's absence due to a flight cancellation, made us a noticeably quieter class.  we're like yes, miss hannigan. we totally get it, miss hannigan.  totally understand saving age-nearest after not having done it for 8 years, miss hannigan. 100% can update an illustration and update it in 3 places on 3 systems with no problems, miss hannigan.  we understand every single word, miss hannigan.

Trainer2 is probably quite pleased with herself, thinking about how much better we're doing now that she's in charge. Ha!


rocking version 3 of this outfit (following navy w/ purple and peach on peach). teal for the win! *in possibly related news, NorthDakota wore tennis shoes on day 1 and got progressively more casual from there. .. 














No comments:

Post a Comment